Thursday, July 15, 2010

... see the hills alive with the sound of music

So we didnt go to Salzburg but we went to Vienna, close enough right? I mean that is where the Baroness was from so we made it somewhere in the movie! Vienna was wonderful and beautiful. everything was old school traditional and the ringstrauss, basically the ring around the very middle of the city, was the coolest place to people watch. We (Anna and I) took a city tour and saw all the fabulous sights and then went out to Schonnbrunn palace, basically Marie-Therese's bad A house. The gardens were magnificent and I liked this palace and its surrounding gardens better than Versailles! We went to a Mozart concert, and I sat through it because it was Vienna, it was okay but lets face it I was a little more interested in the free champagne we got that the music. We tried the famous chocolate torte and strudel, apple of course, again it was fun to try but I much prefer gellato and PF changs' chocolate cake (hint hint since my bday is coming up). All the streets were beautiful and I would pick out a new "house" on every block! We tried to get to Salzburg and go on the Sound of Music tour but alas it wasnt in the cards. The trains both there and from were crazy we transfered in Munich from a sleeper train from paris on which this family got on in the middle of the night after Anna and I were already asleep and turned on their flashlight and shined it right in our faces (jerks) and then took the covers off Anna (I guess to check it she was real....?) and then the whinny kids who were too old to whine couldnt decide which bed to take, I can understand the predicament except on your ticket it tells you exaclt what bed to take and you dont have another option. So that was fun and then coming back from Vienna we had to stop in Frankfurt and our train was an hour and a half late coming in so were going to have 5 minutes to find our train to Paris (the very last train to Paris) and get on it. So we bolt off the train from Vienna and run like mad to find where our platform was, we find it and oh the train is late by ten minutes so we ran to get dinner and we ran back (sweating profusley by this time since its like 90 degrees and there is no AC and no breeze in the BUILDING) and the train is now delayed an hour. So we hit up Starbucks for some free wifi and a drink. I tried to order a passion iced tea but oh yeah I forgot they dont have ICE so they cant make that. Chalk up one more thing I want when I get back to America, the list consists of but is not limited to: AC, ice cubes, Chuys, Honey nut cherrios, real milk, girl scout cookies, my bed, Lilly, passion iced tea, sonic drinks, no more french people and much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment