Tuesday, July 20, 2010

... be neither buyer or seller at the Red Light district

We were originally going to Brussels for the weekend and found a excursion company that would take us to Luxembourg for a day but it ended up that that particular tour was full so we ended up hopping on a train for Amsterdam! We got to spend about 8 hours in Amsterdam, going on a tour, seeing Anne Frank's house, walking through the Jourdaan district, touring a diamond cutters office and their subseqent store, (ask me anything about color, carats, clarity and cut because I know exactly what I want now) eating at the Hard Rock cafe (what we needed a little Americanness) and of course on our way back to the train station for our train back to Brussels walking through the Red Light district. Anna was hilarious she would have to almost get up her courage to walk past the girls in the windows and then would sprint straight past and only spare the most passing glance. I looked, I didnt stare (umm awkward) but I looked I mean its like going into a department store right? I may look at the men's clothes but its not like IM going to buy them so I dont spare them a long glance. Wow I just related prostitution to a department store... nice. Anyway the train ride back was eventful as Chip, Mr frat-tastic, had not filled in hi Eurorail pass; definition of filled in: writing the date you are traveling on your paper, not getting a stamp or paying money, writing a date down; thus causing him to get in trouble with the train ticket man who was wearing a ridiculous hat so it was extremely hard to take him seriously and them Chipper had to pay 45 euro for a ticket when we were already on the train and more than half way back to Brussels. Oh did I mention that Chipster partook of alcohol on the other accoutrements in Amsterdam's cafe before heading back on the train so he was ummm how should I say this not on top of his game... in a word: hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment