Tuesday, July 20, 2010

... have a 'nice' time in Nice (groan)

Since I still had days left on my Eurrail pass I caught a train early in the morning on Monday with fellow Texas A&Mer Lacy to the south of France for some fun in the sun and badly need cool blue water! We rented a umbrella and lounger and basically spent the day catching up and catching some rays and catching up on reading. It was wonderful day and I didnt get burnt! Wahoo! Th beaches in Nice are not actually all that nice, they are not sand they are rocks and they hurt as much as stepping on rocks in bare feet do. Just imagine trying to fight standing up on racks while the waves are trying to push you down and drag you out to sea, doesnt sound like fun huh? well you would be half right since 70% of my mind was thinking about how AWESOME it was that I wasnt sweating like a sinner in church like everyone usually does in Paris because I was in water! I hadnt been fully submerged in the crisp blue h2o since may and trust me when you have to ride a metro with sweaty people pilled on top of you sometimes the shower just doesnt cut it! So the water felt amazing and dinner overlooking the Mediterranean wasnt half bad either! We caught a night train back to Paris so I just got in this morning at 7:30! It was a fantastic day of fun and sun and no sweat, just a preview of what will be coming up in two weeks in Greece! I cant wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment